Harper Collins Complete British Wildlife Photoguide
Date of last review
Tue 26, October, 2010
Average Purchase Price
100% of reviewers
• A photographic guide to all common and some unusual species of British wildlife.
• Describes almost all mammals, birds, fish and butterflies likely to be encountered by the keen amateur naturalist in Britain, as well as all the common and widespread flowers, trees and shrubs.
• Also describes reptiles and amphibians, insects and spiders, molluscs and other invertebrates including those found on the seashore.
• Also included are some unusual species that are striking and therefore likely to attract attention.
• An essential addition to everyone's bookshelf.
Deb London Dame Commander of the Wild Empire
Registered: July 2010 Location: London Posts: 5980
Review Date: Tue 26, October, 2010
Would you recommend it? Yes |
Total Spent: £12.00| Rating: 7
Good introduction covering a wide range of species
Too simplistic for anyone but beginners.
I think this book would appeal to readers who want a very broad overview of some of the types of plant, animal and fungal species that are to be found in the British Isles. Most species are accompanied be only the briefest description and one small colour photograph.
The more serious hobbyists will be left wanting more very quickly.