Commander of the Wild Empire
- User Lists
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 29
- its a very good camera Audrey, judging by your Gallery shots! Looks similar to my Canon powershot, which is also pretty good to carry lightweight and for macro - I sometimes wonder why we bother with a fancier thing.........
Tootling off to Galloway in a couple of weeks, not near you of course, but some stunning Scottish stuff up there anyway.........but I do miss the Highlands.
- Hi Audrey I am up in Scotland for this week based in Inverness
And today have been out around Narin and was a bit surprised by 2 bird sightings I had as I have never seen either of them this far north in Scotland befor 1st was 2 Jays in culbin forest
And the other a pair of Magpies in farmland between Narin and Inverness
Not sure how common these are up this way
- Hi Audrey, I see you use a Lumix - if its with screw front lens, as mine, the Panasonic FZ45, the macro lens Raynox 150 or 250 gives some very good results for insects and closeups of fungi etc and is lightweight and a doddle to carry in an inside pocket up mountains.
- Hi Audrey - I spotted earlier that you were thinking of Chanonry and I sighed with a touch of envy!! Enjoy it - hope the dolphins are active! Udale Bay strikes me as an interesting place too ...... Hope you get thro the shopping as fast as poss and then off out for better things! New camera is marvellous - I think I'm in love!!! The weather only came blue here and still very windy gone dinnertime so I couldn't justify going any distance - instead I dashed to the Flash ten mins away and went in Bunting HIde - the feeding station - as usual the sunlight doesn't reach - so I went up to ISO 1600 f5.6 and an 80th of less and it gave results. The 7D wouldn't do that. Really once again I should have taken the big f2.8 400 but its too heavy for me! Yesterday I used the 500 at Martin Mere and today I tried the f5.6 400 with reasonable results for the deep gloom in there!! Have a lovely weekend both of you - the hol is coming nearer at an un-nerving rate of speed!
- Yes I was quite worried when I didn't get an answer then decided I'd got the dates wrong and you were in the isles while we were in the 'gorms'! I kept watching the forecast and thinking 'oh NO' as I know only too well what its like out there in a gale - just be glad you were in a building as the campervan is the worst place when it gets like that!!! I came back last evening from The Wab Priory Meet in Leics - was a grand do - got pics of grass snake and thoroughly enjoyed the banter! I still haven't caught up with the images from Scotland yet so better have another go for an hour before an early night tonight to make up for some of the sleep deprivation!!!!
- Tried phoning several times and texting all to no avail? Perhaps you've changed your number and I still had the old one? Couldn't remember your address - I never kept a note of it when I sent you stuff so couldn't call ........ a pity - I was looking forward to meeting up tho had no intention of giving you a virus to spoil your hols! You will be 'out there now' - the weather has been poor out in the isles if the Scottish forecasts have been anything to go by - hope they are wrong - you will be there now and we are back home safe and sound having left Nethy at 8am this morning. Speak on here perhaps when you return - tho by the time you are coming back I will be getting ready to go!!! Its all go - at last this is what retirement is meant to be about!!!! Have a lovely hol ..........